Friday, September 11, 2009

Commentary in Forbes on the Obama Speech

I read at least a dozen commentaries on the Obama speech this week, listened to excerpts (we weren’t home Wednesday night), read the fact-checker commentaries, including the one from Associated Press, and of course, glowing reports in the Austin American Statesman.

Of everything I have read, this is the one that resonated with me the most:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/09/10/health-care-speech-obama-economics-opinions-columnists-shikha-dalmia.html

I don’t agree with her, though, about tort reform, since here in Texas, it helped a great deal.  I doubt if any tort reform proposals will actually come from this administration or the congressional majority leadership who are pushing HR 3200.   Despite what he said in his speech, his having Katherine Sebelius as the cabinet member looking into tort reform means to me it’s a non-starter - she used to be the chief lobbyist for the Kansas Trial Lawyers Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment