Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reading

On the Kindle, I'm reading "Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners," by John Bunyan; "Getting Things Done" by David Allen; "Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stores 1902-1903; and "An Outback Marriage;" and "Shopping for Time" by Carolyn Mahaney.

Normally I only read a couple books at one time, but this weekend, with my sick tooth, it certainly has been helpful to skip around between books.

I struggle tremendously with time management with all my activities, so I'm always interested in time management ideas. The two books about time management, Allen and Mahaney, couldn't be more different in their approaches. Allen has an efficient look-at-everything-and-see-what-needs-done approach that works extremely well at the office. However, Mahaney makes very important points about putting devotions first and then deciding what to spend time on - any time at all.

John Bunyan? you wonder. Well, a friend recommended it, and I am finding Bunyan's personal journey toward grace honest and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment